WHITE is the most popular color used. White is helpful in undercoating light colors on dark backgrounds. For instance if you are painting a yellow rose on a dark background, you should first undercoat with white, allow to dry thoroughly, then base with your yellow color.
- Remember, when bascoating on wood, first seal, sand and wipe surface clean before applying the basecoat.
- Use a sponge roller, sponge brush, or the largest brush you can use.
- Add a touch of water or clear glazing medium to your paint. It will make basecoating easier.
- Apply thin layers. Better to apply two or three thin layers of paint to achieve the initial basecoat rather than one HEAVY coat.
- Allow each coat to dry before adding the next coat.
- Sand between coats with brown paper bag to achieve a smooth surface.
Home Class Schedule News/Tips Contact Us Shop Policies